• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blue coolant

YamaChris

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX 162
Just picked up a 2010 se. It is low miles and when I checked the coolant it was blue. Owner never looked so it was from original setup. What coolant is it? Dealer was in Michigan, and I heard Honda uses blue. Just dealer choice? Local yamaha dealer doesn't know and I don't think it is blue ice.
Where can I get more to top off? Thinking about having dealer flush it when I have warranty transfer inspection.

Btw, there is something wrong with me. I am sitting by the beach in usvi and I am asking a question about my mtx!

Its called Engine ice. Its a good coolant. Very good but I believe the bottle only says it protects to -20 degrees

I doubt it would be a specialized coolant like Engine Ice. More than likely, it's the same stuff as Honda since they are both from Japan. Probably ran out of the green stuff or just switched suppliers.

That's what I thought. I can't see dealer putting in something special, and I ride in colder than that anyway. I am going to flush it. Thanks guys

Doing searches you find out a lot of oems are using different colored coolants, and they are not all compatible. I have dexcool for gm and Green. Now it's all more complicated.

Not knowing what it was and what to add to top it off, I drained it and refilled it. No problems so far.

Back