• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bonehead move

Just bought a new fx nytro today, got a good deal. Was backed up to a snowbank ready to unload it from the back of the truck. Started it up and attempted to drive it off before realizing that the parking break was still on.(one of the many little things to remeber, like hitch pins.) I just decided to give it more throttle, bonehead move, couldn't even see the lever in the dark and didn't give it a thought. I drove it about 100 feet to the garage before i realized it. The buring rubber smell gave me a hint. Parked it in the garge, took off the clutch cowling to let things cool of and inspect the belt. Ive never had this happen to me before so im not sure if i should be concerned.

Also, if you want to make me feel better go ahead and post your own boneheaded moves of the past.

I pulled that move 10x's over. After 2700 miles on the same original belt I finally swapped it for a new belt. The old belt was still ok, but you could see that it was worn out and who knows how much more I could have got out of it. Your bonehead move has been pulled by all of us one time or another.

Probably a good spare now (in case of emergency). Especially with the price of belts these days......Outrageous!!! Swap belts and call it good, unless you have a spare $100-$150 burning a hole in your pocket.

Started it up and attempted to drive it off before realizing that the parking break was still on.
did it twice already :o|
new toy and lots of new things to remember. I also went to start it and nothing and right away assume the battery when I must of bumped the kill switch

Done it as well, a couple of times. The belt was never the same again. Change it out. I wish there was some sort of indicator light on the dash that would show that the brake was engaged. The first mod I did was this:

Attachments

• brake sticker.JPG
    brake sticker.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 72
Ya, I did this last year too. The hooked bars are really easy to put your hands on with the lever in the way, at least that's my excuse. ;)!

Back