• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boosted 998 Success

KRM I love to fish too sir. Those are your words. Post your results when you get 'em. ;)
P.S This is more of a response than it deserves and the last I will address it.

Attachments

• 100_6258.JPG
    100_6258.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_6280.JPG
    100_6280.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_6323.JPG
    100_6323.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

The one at the hill climb here in ny was something in the drive line .Not sure what it was though .

As long as there is warranty involved the smart people are not going to post much about any failures if they have a tune. With that in mind make your mod choices carefully. About the only firsthand useful info in the post that was deleted was the statement from TD Ben that the Factory Knock Sensor does not work. That means be careful with fuel.

As stated by Ben the factory knock sensor does not work and we have had 2 go down in my area that I personally know of but like everyone say when warranty is involved it's hush hush.

Be careful Stone some might call you a liar since you don't have facts , video's or live testimonials ........ask me how I know. Seems that some people only want to believe what they want but as Stone said above this is reality.

Reactions: krm
Personally, if I have any type of problems with my sled, this is the first place I come looking for answers and relaying info. Dealer contact next. We're all here to help each other out. I can see where if someone has done something to their sled that may affect warranty, they may not advertise it on here, though. Makes sense. But there are also a lot of trolls out there recently it seems. So, it's not always easy to tell what someone's motive is for posting, especially if negative info. And it's really irritating when someone comes on and says they know something, but they're not telling. Reminds me of grade school bs, "I've got a secret, I've got a secret". Then when you ask what it is they say, "I'm not telling. "
Sometimes maybe it's best to just not say anything.

As stated by Ben the factory knock sensor does not work and we have had 2 go down in my area that I personally know of but like everyone say when warranty is involved it's hush hush.
Knock sensor doesn't work from day one or just after being tuned?

As long as there is warranty involved the smart people are not going to post much about any failures if they have a tune. With that in mind make your mod choices carefully. About the only firsthand useful info in the post that was deleted was the statement from TD Ben that the Factory Knock Sensor does not work. That means be careful with fuel.
AND this is exactly why I watch where I buy fuel, AND run about 3-4 ounces of Klotz octane boost with most fill ups.

Yep,
Just like Area 51. It does not exist and no one is talking.

I wonder if most aren't tuned and then try and get warrantied.

Not having working knock protection sucks too. Someone tell me why we are just learning about this now?? And why is there a knock sensor mounted to the block if it does nothing? OR is it just retarding timing some and then boom after it keeps knocking?

What happened to the knock lights the aftermarket was going to come out with? Any word there at all? Looks like they are really needed now or keep the boost levels lower or pay the price in a blown engine.

This knock sensor not working thing does not make much sense. I do remember some of the specifics about this motor and It's 9 sensors and the fact that you should run 91 octane, but if you had to use 87 octane it would not harm the motor!

Was it the knock sensor or timing retard that would save the motor if 87 was only choice of fuel? Or knock sensor activates timing change???

How would it know when to pull timing or add fuel with no knock sensor? It does not know what the octane of the fuel is, that technology would cost more than the sled it self! A big part of the safeguarding of this motor is hinged on a knock sensor!?

i know of one that threw a rod totally stock sled Yamaha sent a new motor immediately. That is all i know. They did say that was the only one they have heard of that threw a rod. I will ask for more details and let you know.

For a motor to go bad is one thing. It happens, no biggie. For you guys to post on assumption. Thats a whole nother story.

I'd even go as far to say, I'd make a trip to the u.p. B4 Christmas and drop their green sludge into my winder, without a care in the world.

Back