• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boosted Apex or Boosted RX1

Apex or RX1

• Apex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RX1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

save yourself some $$$

Assuming the Turbo is somewhat dialed in - the only thing you have to worry about with the 05 is the rear skid - if you ride hard and it hasn't been updated you will likely have problems.

rider forward and apex tunnel seem sto me like you buy based on looks and newness. Personally i like the looks of the apex and the EFI so thats what i would buy if i wasnt getting a blower.

Dont buy based on money i would say. Dont settle for less than you want. Pay the extra if you like the apex so much more. Dont settle by any means!

SoCoRX1 said:
rider forward and apex tunnel seem sto me like you buy based on looks and newness.

Not really. Rider forward on the RX1 (or my vector) makes a huge difference in handling and was one of the things that was updated when Yamaha went from the RX1 to Apex. So in comparing the 2 neither one has an advantage.

Apex tunnel is a lot stronger than a stock RX1 tunnel plus extension. Yes it looks better more than adds function.

EFI and the fact that the resell value of RX1's will fall faster than the Apex to me is where the value is. Just don't know if it's worth a few $K$

Sorry i wasnt clear! I meant rider forward and apex tunnel on the RX1 means you should buy on looks and wether or not you want a new sled, because the apex advantages are now void! They are identical sleds, one having EFI and a different look up front.

Expect resale to drop similarly.

for example: An 05 RX 1 in KBB now after 3 seasons is 5905.00 and new I paid $8300.

06 Apex - after 2 seasons $6865.00 - if i remember correctly people were paying around 9200.00 for them.

According to this, the RX held its value better. But it doesn't take into account that the biggest hit a sled takes is after it's first year.

Everyone knows you can't get those prices for one if ya had one though! Book values a bit inflated - no doubt.

$4k for EFI sounds like a lot to me.

add another $4k to that and I could boost the new Nytro :bling

I hate this stuff :o|

Do what makes me happy... which is efi... no flooding the engine after roll over... yadda yadda yadda. :4STroke:

Kachess or anybody from his crew... you guys don't need to vote we all know what you are gonna say :Rockon: :jump:

Back