• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boss seat install, -36lbs and counting.

7 skulls

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
My bro just finished up installing a Boss seat on my 06 nytro. It was good for a weight savings of 16lbs. So taking the maxsled full wet weight of 631lbs, I should now be down below 600lbs with a full tank of gas thanks to an aftermarket exhaust and smaller battery. This would be less than an FX nytro or a Rev (w. e-start). Averaging $23 a pound, this weight loss wasn't too bad and makes a big difference in the character of the sled. Next up if the budget allows are a lexan hood and Mountain Performance A-arms. These should be good for another 14-15lbs. If anybody can recommend anything else, I'd be happy to hear it.

Attachments

• boss seat on nytro 003.jpg
    boss seat on nytro 003.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 95
  • boss seat on nytro 006.jpg
    boss seat on nytro 006.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 106
  • boss seat on nytro 007.jpg
    boss seat on nytro 007.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 128

looks awesome. where'd you order it from? i wouldn't mind getting that kind of weight savings on my 09 vector, already done the front end of the sled, time to do the back ..

Attachments

• IMG00145-20110128-2355.jpg
    IMG00145-20110128-2355.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 78
Thanks, cool hood design on your vec.
My bro ordered the seat from Cooke City Motorsports in Montana. www.cookecitymotorsports.com They had one Apex seat left (fits vector/RX-1). $285 a great deal. The boss seat is not only lighter its much more comfortable than stock.

i'll have to try and order that soon, boss doesn't even have an apex seat on their website anymore ..

salestim said:
Not sure if its true but told that they were not making Boss seats for Apex / Vector due to fires.

The aftermarket exhaust we have on is much smaller than stock, much more airspace before the stock heat shield. No heat issues. However the stock muffler was tight against the heat shield and it did get really warm there. Boss does supply a blanket to go under the seat. Over 200 miles since we put it on, no problems yet. Massive improvement in the sled.
Thanks for the head-up. ;)!

Swap in a new rear suspension for some extra weight savings and bottom resistance, like the ZX2. Clutch kit will transform the sled, studs too...more power to the ground.

Grimm said:
Swap in a new rear suspension for some extra weight savings and bottom resistance, like the ZX2. Clutch kit will transform the sled, studs too...more power to the ground.

I have the anti-bottoming kit and highly recommend it. Its cheap, adjustable and changes the spring rate through the travel. No complaints about the skid/didn't think it was that heavy. I drop from drifts, do moderate jumping and run fast XC and only bottom softly on g-outs.
I'm not an all-out power/speed guy but a clutch kit might not be a bad idea. Studs wouldn't do much for the off-trail stuff we ride.
If I have a really good year, I might just forget more weight loss, sell the sled to my brother (that way I can still ride it) and pick up a phazer.

Back