• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bottom Bolt loosens out and breaks chain case.

Ivbinconned

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
I have installed new chain, all bearings on my 05 vector. Twice now in very few miles the bottom bolt that compresses the spring and tightens against the track drive shaft turns out and breaks the chaine case.
I used a new bolt and used blue loctite. Let it sit for 24 hours. Got 15 miles and it broke the chain case again.

What am I doing wrong?? HELP

I have installed new chain, all bearings on my 05 vector. Twice now in very few miles the bottom bolt that compresses the spring and tightens against the track drive shaft turns out and breaks the chaine case.
I used a new bolt and used blue loctite. Let it sit for 24 hours. Got 15 miles and it broke the chain case again.

What am I doing wrong?? HELP

I have done piles of them and have never had a failure. Are you sure you have it compressed correctly and all the spacers in the correct spot.

Red Loctite. I've also heard of people running without the bolt installed back when they were braking off.

Just saw the post so maybe you fixed it but I suspect that you have one piece in backwards. There is a collar that if you put it in backwards will spin the bolt out. The collar goes on first and works like a spacer of sorts. If its backwards it jambs on the parts and turns them into an assembly that turns together against the collar holding the spring down and out backs the bolt making a nice hole in the cover. I learned this from personal experience and My Warrior now has a devcon patch on it plugging the hole the bolt made. I think the it took about 4 to 6 miles to do the deed!

Back