• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought an Apex GT

Chrisj

I just picked up a mint Apex GT 40th Anniversary Edition. It has the Ohlins electric shock. When I adjust it by the button can you hear or feel if it does anything? Sled only has 4500km (2800miles) on it.

40th

Beautiful sled....my buddy had one and when he was selling it I really wanted to buy it..Couldn't sell my '06 quick enough...I did a 144x1.75 conversion on it for him.....

Chrisj said:
I just picked up a mint Apex GT 40th Anniversary Edition. It has the Ohlins electric shock. When I adjust it by the button can you hear or feel if it does anything? Sled only has 4500km (2800miles) on it.

Congrats ;)!

I was just going to post one I seen the other day on Kijiji, which I thought was a great deal, is that the one you bought as I now seen it gone?

They are great sleds, enjoy!

OK... I can't stand it. Please pull one of those gold windshield screws out and take a picture. I have to know what's going on there! Great looking sled.

You won't hear or feel anything when adjusting the Ohlins ECS shock. The only indication that you will have when the connection to the shock is intact and that the solenoid is operating as designed is the bar graph will change as you toggle the shock firmness up and down when the shock icon is displayed on the gauge pod.

Chrisj said:

Irv said:
Chrisj said:

Congrats ;)!

I was just going to post one I seen the other day on Kijiji, which I thought was a great deal, is that the one you bought as I now seen it gone?

That's the one. Couldn't pass on it.

THKSNOW said:
OK... I can't stand it. Please pull one of those gold windshield screws out and take a picture. I have to know what's going on there! Great looking sled.

I hate them too. they'll be going.lol

Snowmobileaddict said:
You won't hear or feel anything when adjusting the Ohlins ECS shock. The only indication that you will have when the connection to the shock is intact and that the solenoid is operating as designed is the bar graph will change as you toggle the shock firmness up and down when the shock icon is displayed on the gauge pod.

The indicator works. just figured I'd hear something.

Chrisj said:
Irv said:
Chrisj said:

Congrats ;)!

That's the one. Couldn't pass on it.

Don't blame you, I seen some pics of it his riding buddy posted at freedomsledder and it definitely looks mint. ;)!

Now that you know the compression part of the shock works turn your rebound adjuster on the shock and see if it clicks. If not you will need a rebuild i cant seem to get through more than one season without a rebuild.

Now IRV i was wondering why you might like that sled? LOL

Absolutely gorgeous sled. You will love it

JROCK said:
Now that you know the compression part of the shock works turn your rebound adjuster on the shock and see if it clicks. If not you will need a rebuild i cant seem to get through more than one season without a rebuild.

Yes it clicks. Sled has 2000 miles in it.

I really like mine.
Congrats.
Beautiful sled.

We're twins! Enjoy the sled, I love mine.

JU1VSvtG2cxD5H6bLjls.png

Congrats you will love that sled. I have a 2010 with the electronic shock and it is sweet! ;)!

Back