• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake lever piston leaking!!

JAZZ04RX1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper LTX-LE
Just changed out my stock brake lever with the Skinz short heated brake lever. The installation sheet notes to not let the piston come out of the lever assembly. I thought I did that but I must have let the piston slide out enough to cause a leak. Once I installed the new lever the piston began to leak. I also feel the brake feels a bit soft. Looking for some help on how to stop the leak and get my brake back to normal. Did I damage the seals for the brake lever piston and also ingest some air into the system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would bleed your brakes. You may have folded the seal over when you pushed the piston back in. I’d take a real close look at it.

Make sure you remove the oil buildup from under the rubber piston cover from the install before determining it’s still leaking. I had this issue when installing the Polaris lever. My brake is also now soft, will try to bleed it.

PA looks like that is the issue with fluid in the piston boot. Made sure the boot was seated back on the piston properly last night and checked it tonight no fluid that I can see now. Even after pumping the brake several times. Now bleeding the brake would be my next step here.

Anybody have a recommended bleeding procedure? Never had to do this on any of my other sleds.

Love the new lever and gets really hot to the touch may need to put a switch on it!!

Thanks for all the replies love this forum.

Back