• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

broken better boards

any one else have cracks in there better boards . i weigh 165lbs + gear , i don't think these boards should be cracking , especially for what there worth .

i have about 5-6 cracks in the boards , mostly on the right . only two on the left .

one cross brace on the right is starting to tear , im probably going to remove them and tig weld them up . still not impressed .

22279_244917874748_501234748_3063746_4434856_n.jpg

22279_244917929748_501234748_3063747_1730381_n.jpg

is there any type of warranty on these things ?

with gear on, I have you by 100lbs.

No tears in three seasons on mine...call Rob he will hook you up...

mtdream said:
with gear on, I have you by 100lbs.

No tears in three seasons on mine...call Rob he will hook you up...

ya i was really surprised that i had torn them , just the front three are bad .

you think they will replace them ? or just the one , i'm not to concerned about the other side its not that bad .

they work great , i'm just afraid one day ill put my foot through them . if they wont replace them ill just weld them .

there phone number is on the website ?

after reading there website i believe the best i can get is 40% off on a new board . i think ill try welding them first , that costs nothing .

doo_man said:
I noticed mine are cracked too even with re-inforcement. They still work great, but possibly need to be a heavier gauge.....

i think the biggest problem is that there isn't a big enough radius, the corner is to square , any time you have a corner like that it's going to create a weak spot .

if it was less square and possibly built up at that area with a welder i would think it wouldn't crack .

well IMHO the problem is the design...all your weight is on the traction parts...it is not spread out over the whole support piece, and so it is really just acting like the bent up portion is supporting your weight...

I have it on good authority there is a new product coming to market that will MORE than address this...

and this is ALL I can say about it...but has seen and used it first hand :)

IMG_0415Medium.jpg

Better Boards are weak. I had some of the first ones and bent them within a few weeks, I weigh 220 with all gear. They aren't made for aggressive riders. I had to run 2" aluminum strap down the bottoms to keep them from completely deforming.

For the record I did not contact F-Bomb. Instead of dealing with another set I just cut them off and made my own running boards. IMO, there are better snow-eliminators out there.

Nothing against better boards as I am sure they are a good product but I went with WRP boards and they are awesome! Granted I am not over 200 pounds but I do abuse them with no problems and I also think they look great.

mine are showing stress at the corners..the powder coating is cracking.
the front straps are starting to sag some..

i'm only ~150 + gear... guess i should have spent the time to cut each hole individually.

not sure if it was an early design issue or what, but for the time, money, and work it takes to install them.. sorta disapointed to see this happening after 1 season.

on a plus side, they no doubt work well for keeping clean footing.

while i know rob is a great guy and all, i have purchased other things from him in the past, it will still require additional time and work to fix/replace.

would be curious to hear the outcome none the less, if you contact rob about it.

I am not sure how their boards hold up, (i haven't gotten mine yet) but imho they have the best customer service i have seen. I would call them, i really think that they will work with you.

Back