• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead question

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
To replace the left side bulkhead do I have to remove the engine. I smacked up the left side a arms a while back and finally got time to tear it apart. My bulkhead saver did its job on the front a arm mounts but I guess the force was to great and it got transferred to the rear a arm mount in the engine compartment and busted it out
On the lower a arm. Just debating if it's worth fixing or not. Can't afford a new sled so it's probably going to be fixed

The engine stays in place, careful not to knock rivets into the water pump. Take out the fuel tank to loosen the steering gate, makes lining it up easier. Stavex BS01-0618 rivets From Fastenal in Saskatoon or wherever is easiest for you.

x2 on in place. brother did his one 1/2 at a time so he did not have to pull the motor. he is on his 3rd now. he keeps breaking the rear uppers for some reason.

your going to need a air rivet gun & a good 4-6 hours. its ez to do if can work on things & have tools. Its a hand ful of screws & bolts, a bunch of rivets like 30, get the rivets from oft racing for like $25 shipped, plan on changing the oil and filter while you have it apart. check in the classified section for the bulkhead,

I changed out the mid bulkhead and the left bulk head on my wifes attack a couple years ago so I have a good idea what I"m up against. I still have lots of stavex multigrip rivets. I had everything completely stripped. Picture below. I just didn't know if the left side could be changed without removing the engine.

I destroyed my right side bulkhead on my 06 Nytro ER. The lower control arm tore the ear off the front. It looks a little messy in there without having taking the battery brace bar off yet, I'm not sure what Im up against.

I destroyed my right side bulkhead on my 06 Nytro ER. The lower control arm tore the ear off the front. It looks a little messy in there without having taking the battery brace bar off yet, I'm not sure what Im up against.

We offer a bulkhead repair kit which fixes the broken ear. No need to replace the bulkhead. Info on our website. www.barnof parts.com

The engine stays in place, careful not to knock rivets into the water pump. Take out the fuel tank to loosen the steering gate, makes lining it up easier. Stavex BS01-0618 rivets From Fastenal in Saskatoon or wherever is easiest for you.
Hi I see you have some experience with Bulkhead removal--I have an 2015 RS venture I need to do this to--can I ask you some questions?

Back