• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bulkkhead help needed

mulderdad

Expert
So I was out haveing a great ride yesterday on my 07 apex. Trails were good and it was 0 and sunny.
Apex was running like a champ. Got to run some water and whoop a couple 800 doos.
Coming up to a intersection and I had the through way. Guy went right through his stop sign and we had a wreck.
Man was I pissed! Ripped off my lower a-arm and busted upper left a-arm in 3 places. Steering arm looks like a boomerang. Ski is tweeked bad, Lower plastic is shredded from the clutch. Broke one of the holes off on the aluminum bulkhead peice.
I ended up getting the handlebars in the groin and got flipped about 30 feet down the trail. REALLY SORE, bruised up and can berely walk, but no broken bones thankfully.I had visions of myself ripping the lower a-arm off the rest of the way and beating the guy with it!LOL!
How big of a job is it to change that lower aluminum bulkhead peice? Also, can you change the steering arm without taking out the motor?
Thanks,
Rick.

I'm gonna try and fix it myself.
Just pricing parts.
Upper and lower left a-arms,
steering rod left,
left side aluminum bulkhead peice,
Plastic peice that goes around the shock,
left side cover. That's what I need for sure, maybe a few other parts.
Now where's my pain meds.
Cheers,
Rick.

Try AL'S SNOWMOBILE PARTS WAREHOUSE in VT. 1 802 487 1000. I know he just got 3 06&07 apexs from a local dealer to part out. The sleds were trade in at the dealer. :yam:

mulderdad said:
I'm gonna try and fix it myself.
Just pricing parts.
Upper and lower left a-arms,
steering rod left,
left side aluminum bulkhead peice,
Plastic peice that goes around the shock,
left side cover. That's what I need for sure, maybe a few other parts.
Now where's my pain meds.
Cheers,
Rick.
By your description, he was at fault, therefore it is HIS responsibility (ie his liability insurance will cover it) to fix your sled. If he doesn't have insurance, then he pays for the full damages out of his pocket or you report/litigate and possibly seize everything he owns (depending on the judgment). WHY would you take the hit when he's at fault? You're looking at THOUSANDS in damages, even if you get everything at cost.

And don't forget your medical bills, loss of livelihood, lost earnings, etc.

Just to clarify.
The guy that ran the stop sign is a friend of one of my best buds.I don't know him, but my bud Gord knows him very well. Gord said that he doesn't have a pot to piss in. He didn't have insurance that he could produce when I asked him for his info. Don't know if he even has any to be honest.
I also know if he didn't have insurance, I could have really screw him. I'm not like that.
I believe in karma and things happen for a reason.
I will pay it out of my own pocket.
His polaris is just a screwed up as my sled.
I sound like I'm making excuses for the guy, but only b/c he is a friend of one of my best friends.
I am VERY thankfull I didn't get hurt really bad. My friend doesn't know how I didn't break my neck when I landed on my head and shoulder. The only thing I wanted to do when I got home was hold my two boys.
Seeing the fear in my boys eyes for me was worse than any pain I endured.My wife gave me a scolding till she found out what happened. Then she thankful I was just banged up and not worse.
Please be careful out there in these last few weeks of riding. There is a lot more you can lose besides a sled.

If anyone has any of the above parts for sale, please pm me or send pics to juney4@sympatico.ca

Thanks,
Rick.

You can change those parts without pulling the engine. You may have to remove the front motor mount bolts but it is less of a big deal than you think. I pulled the motor on my Apex with the help of a friend in less than 3 hours.

I would bet that you better be ready to put about 20 man hours into this repair...especially if your not familiar with it.

Also try Hudon's sled salvage for parts http://www.hud-son.com/snowmobile.html

Then just to make things simple... since you're in Ontario, YOUR liability insurance covers the guy that hit you in the event that he doesn't have insurance.

mulderdad said:
Just to clarify.
The guy that ran the stop sign is a friend of one of my best buds.I don't know him, but my bud Gord knows him very well. Gord said that he doesn't have a pot to piss in. He didn't have insurance that he could produce when I asked him for his info. Don't know if he even has any to be honest.
I also know if he didn't have insurance, I could have really screw him. I'm not like that.
I believe in karma and things happen for a reason.
I will pay it out of my own pocket.
His polaris is just a screwed up as my sled.
I sound like I'm making excuses for the guy, but only b/c he is a friend of one of my best friends.
I am VERY thankfull I didn't get hurt really bad. My friend doesn't know how I didn't break my neck when I landed on my head and shoulder. The only thing I wanted to do when I got home was hold my two boys.
Seeing the fear in my boys eyes for me was worse than any pain I endured.My wife gave me a scolding till she found out what happened. Then she thankful I was just banged up and not worse.
Please be careful out there in these last few weeks of riding. There is a lot more you can lose besides a sled.

If anyone has any of the above parts for sale, please pm me or send pics to juney4@sympatico.ca

Thanks,
Rick.

may i say your a better man then I

the guy that hit you, should step up to the plate and offer whatever help is needed to be done to right the situation.

thats what i would do.

cheers and goodluck

Warts

Back