• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Burning Sliders

Try the "saw" test and you will see what I meen. Maybe you have tryed aftermarked slides from the same cheese manufacurer that delivers slides to yamaha.

5500 KM on the old guys origional 06 Vector GT Sliders and they're still at 14mm at the bend. Mono rear, no extra wheels, track at approx 1.5" sag with NO 22lb weight. 95% Ontario trails.

I don't know what to say... I realize that doesn't help you guys but it needed saying. Hope you guys get it sorted out. PS. So far on the Muni TY ride, my MTX sliders are holding up well. :)

Its all condition related IMO, sometimes they last all season sometime I burn them up in a day or two.

I just changed mine. I have seven hundred miles. they were completely gone. Interesting thing is my buddies 03 rev and anothers artic cat zr are not worn. we rode on the same trails.

srxtim26076 said:
I just changed mine. I have seven hundred miles. they were completely gone. Interesting thing is my buddies 03 rev and anothers artic cat zr are not worn. we rode on the same trails.

The material used in the slides on cats, polaris and doo are at least 5 times harder than on yamaha's. Shouldnt be so hard to figure out that this is the reason they last at least 5 times longer. As earlier stated, yamaha needs a new supplier of slides. Cheese is not the right material to make slides from :flag:

i believe the material used on all four manufactures is UHMW. There are some aftermarket companies using Teflon impregnated UHMW or Graphite but

gormleyflyer2002 said:
.....this seems odd. I did notice some play in the location hole on the front ideler wheels. I gained about .125" wheel dia by dropping the wheel down in the hole. I'm not sure if this is the area you are seeing the wear.

I'm @ 2000km and still OK

Can you explain this more? was the hole in the rail bigger then the bolt?

I have 715miles on the sled and the conditions have changed since it rained twice last week. My sliders were in really good shape and after yesterdays ride they are worn out bad right in front of the rear axle. They look alright every where else.

Trails were like concrete. Especially down to Alma.
Slider wear to be expected.
I did Ok, Sent a 800 XP with 1.75 studs first to break up the concrete.

On another unrelated note; 3,800 KM on original slides and idlers on my Apex GT. All good here.

The material used in the slides on cats, polaris and doo are at least 5 times harder than on yamaha's. Shouldnt be so hard to figure out that this is the reason they last at least 5 times longer. As earlier stated, yamaha needs a new supplier of slides. Cheese is not the right material to make slides from :flag:

I have a piece of cat slide and I can't tell the difference in the hardness, I drilled it sanded it and cut it with a hacksaw. I also have a kimpex one too, I cant tell if its harder.

I got looking at the skid the other day. The problem is that wheels on the skid are too small and theres not enough of them. I plan installing some Doo wheels and an ashpalt wheel kit infront of the rear axle. This should do the trick.

jds1000 said:
lucky_7 said:
jds1000 said:
I have 500 miles on our Nytro and the sliders show no wear at all. The very first thing I did was put SLP wearpads on all the closed windows of the track. I did the same with My Apex and after 4500 miles the hyfax still were in excelent shape.

What do you mean by closing all the window's on your track? Fully clipped?

The SLP wearpads are a round flat metal pad that bolts in the closed window area so the hyfax has something to ride on instead of the rubber track. This makes the hyfax run much cooler than stock. I don't close the windows they come from the factory closed.
I am running the same SLP wearpads now after I went through two sets of yamaha graphite sliders in 600miles. The last set were almost gone and I put the wearpads on I have gone an extra 400 miles with no wear at all ,lots of road running .I ride a 06 nytro my friend has a 06 vector with the monoshock he has no wear on his sliders we have almost ridin all the time together.I think that the skid needs more wheels on the back in front of the rear wheel but for the $30.00 for the pads its a good fix that extends the life of the sliders! :jump: ;)!

Back