• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bushings?

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
When I had my front end powdercoated the front end had all new Yamaha bushings greased and pressed in. How fast have these been wearing out for everyone? I was thinking of switching to Ulmers kit next, but didn't know if I should waste the time and money until they wear out? Figured since I have done just about everything else to the front to date, why not ask. Thanks guys ;)!

I just had mine replaced on the left side (When I had the sub-frame and a-arms replaced), and I am still going to swap them out for Ulmers immediately. The guys I ride with said why ride it just to wear it out (and possibly damage something else due to the slop) when it is a relatively cheap and quick thing to replace. I will keep the new stock ones as back-ups.

sheetwright said:
When I had my front end powdercoated the front end had all new Yamaha bushings greased and pressed in. How fast have these been wearing out for everyone? I was thinking of switching to Ulmers kit next, but didn't know if I should waste the time and money until they wear out? Figured since I have done just about everything else to the front to date, why not ask. Thanks guys ;)!

Since they're new I would ride with them this season. One advantage with Ulmer's kit is that it tightens up the front end. Maybe check your a-arms to see how much play there is and as it gets worse, then change 'em.

Back