• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

buying a 07 phazer

run a vin check & find out what updates have been done to the sled.

check it over for any bent suspension parts & look it over.

i think they fixed the rear shock "link" for 08, as well as ball joint issues found in 07.

i know this has been beaten to death, might something up top in the sticky's.

The 07's were plagued with problems. Off the top of my head there are: Open tunnel design
Lack of radiator
Reverse engagement problems
Starter problems
H arm and dogbone in rear skid
Steering bushings
Cold start issues
Maybe someone else can chime in...

Ruckus said:
The 07's were plagued with problems. Off the top of my head there are: Open tunnel design
Lack of radiator
Reverse engagement problems
Starter problems
H arm and dogbone in rear skid
Steering bushings
Cold start issues
Maybe someone else can chime in...

We bought an 07 for the wife when it came out. Plagued with problems is a pretty harsh statement. The only thing that was not updated for free was Open Tunnel Design and Lack of Radiator. We have never had any radiator issues with it at all so don't have any input on that. The open tunnel design is really terrible on the Mountain Lite as you ride them in very deep powder and it piles up. There is a fix for this as well with a kit sold by some company. We have just delt with it. Our 07 has been problem free from day one. Just design flaws.

Lack of radiator? Do you mean lack of rad. fan? I thought they all had radiators.

Outside of the fan update for overheating mine has been trouble free for over 4,000 kms. I agree that the issues are design issues more than being plagued with problems.

I have said it before.It all depends on how its ridden.I personally know at least 2 07 Phazers that have not broke anything.Yet for first 2 seasons I never made a weekend without breaking something.To me the Phazer felt like it begged to be ridden aggressively so I do.Alot of people do not pin it on the bumps or go play on a MX track.I thank god for warranty and updates then, and Custom Axis now.Its a package that all must be right to hold up if ridden hard.Not one single failure last year.The package works!

Jeffz said:
Lack of radiator? Do you mean lack of rad. fan? I thought they all had radiators.
Yeah, meant to say rad fan. And maybe "plagued" is a harsh term. Adorned sounds better.

I have a stock 07 GT with all the warrantee updates. It was bought as the wifes sled, but I probably have about 2/3 of the miles on it, the wife is good for 1-2 rides per year :(. I go 240, she is 110. The skid adjusts easily, I did bu an aluminum spring adjuster.

We have not had any problems with it. I keep thinking of closing off the tunnel, but havn't so far.

i'm probably the one with the most mileage on a 07,(13000 miles)here is the list of updated or failed parts
1. installed fan
2. reverse update performed
3. hard start update
4.replaced a fuel pump relay at 8000 miles
5.had to replace 2 upper wheels in rear suspension
6.closed the tunnel myself with a pcs of aluminum
in all,it cost me about $200 in parts over all these miles,i really cant complain,its been reliable and it never let me down except for that relay that froze twice,the new relay never froze once in 5000 miles
if the updates have been performed,go for it,its a reliable sled

There was an icing issue with the steering as well if I remember correctly. Some extra pieces in the cowling had to be installed to keep the steering from binding up with ice.

I was looking at mine...I did do the cooling fan. This is a good sled for local rides. Under 100 mi, it is great to bash the trails with. Trail crusing for a 200 mi day, need a real seat!. If your not in powder a lot, the open tunnel is ok, closing it is on my list of things to doo when I get the time. Planning a Wyoming trip now, so this will be manditory!

Back