• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can-Am Spyder

As much as I would like too that won't fly here in Canada,but I know for a fact that you can do it in Phoenix.AZ, you don't need turn signals just a plate and drive it off the showroom floor.Any ATV OR SBS. :Rockon:

this is something that has always bothered me... you can custom build bikes with 2 wheels.. 3 wheels. you can buy Motocross race bikes, put turns, front and rear lights on. You can buy a kabota RTV(considered a tractor).... all can be driven on the road, and you dont need to have them inspected!!!!!!... but for my quad... i need it registered, and insured... but we are still not aloud to drive on roads.... ??? i think it would be absolutely amazing to buy a 700 raptor put street tires on (witch they sell) and drive it back and forth to work!... just dont get it.

MT.man said:
Check out a company called street legal sleds. They can take your sled and convert it into a spider like vehicle. They are located in mass.

Yeah but it is 6 grand for the kit. I am working on one for the RX / Apex line. Still working on the rear swing arm design for fabrication. I am trying to get the fatest tire under the tunnel as possible. The front end is about ready for install.

I have been working on this for about 2 months now. I am sick of my only hobby lasting 2 to 3 months and then sitting here mocking me for 10.

Uprights, rotors, brakes, turn signals, horn, radiator, rear drive and swing arm less the wheels kit targeted at $3,000. I am putting it in my 05 project RX. I am hoping it is ready to test late june. I also have an 03 turbo mountain that if the 05 goes well will be converted into a 2 up version with plenty of kick.

Wait till I get mine done & I will decide if I am going to market or just sell plans. I have worked everything from stock available parts except the Upright mount, rear swing arm and drive sprockets.

The biggest hold up is trying to find out what kind of insurance & how much $$$ I need to protect myself from the idiot that crashes one and then decides to blame me.

As soon as I have the front end assembly together I will update. I have to make the upright adapters and to choose the wheel package. I also have a bit of work to do on the swing arm design.

Yamadog your kit going to look like this???

Attachments

• yama1_17180636.jpg
    yama1_17180636.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 188
  • yama2_17180739.jpg
    yama2_17180739.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 656
I am using more agressive tires with 11 inch rotors. A mono swing arm in the rear with fully adjustable shock (mono shock with the dial). The radiator is inside the nose. But otherwise it is the same principle.

There are a few of them on you tube just search street legal sled.

I am also woking on an adjustable front sway bar like we used in our formula cars. I want this thing to be more than just functional.

Most of the parts easily found on Ebay and just a few parts need to be machined for final assembly. If this works and handles well enough I may convert my 03 turbo mountain permanently. I think 220 hp on a 800 lb sled on wheels should be a hoot. My formula ford was 950 lbs with 115 hp engine and did 165 mph. YEE HAA :Rockon:

I wonder what the hp#'s are at the rear tire compared to the hp#'s from the track.. The apex with a turbo would be one fast trike.

the funny thing is the only sleds made prodcution that would be best for this type of changeover are built by yamaha, lol! I would never ride a 2-stroke doo down the highway on a 90 degree day and expect to ever make it home, lol!

Back