• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

can the shock used in the 2005 mono be rebuilt?

Yes it can. I sent mine to Goodwin in Zion IL. He has done all my shocks and they can re-valve them for your specific needs as well. Ask for Greg. Also...you might want to try the 06 spring. I broke both rails on my 05 mono since I am pretty aggressive and they said they would only replace the suspension with the 06 rails and W arm if I went to the new spring. I just got home from 1000 miles on the new set up and I liked it a lot. It seemed to not bottom as easy. I did bottom twice but I had it on the softest setting since I was still on the tail end of getting over a cracked vertebrae in my back. I would say on the stiffer setting it will be hard to bottom it out. Even when I did bottom it...I was catching some pretty tall air on a straight trail doing 70-80 MPH.

Lyndske, Bruce Schrader at Pioneer Performance in New York also does an excellent job and is a little closer to home for you.
And I'll second Snowdog's recommendation about going to the stiffer spring while it's apart. Bruce can fix you up with the spring too, plus he'll help you out with how to dial in your preload so you're ride height is correct and you'll be a happy guy.

Back