• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you adjust the straps without taking the skid out ?

Limiter straps? Put a block of wood under the track directly under the center shock. That will give you the slack you need.
I did that , but there is very little room to get your hands and tools in at the bolts and nuts .
Maybe I am not as nimble as I used to be .

Do u want to shorten or lengthen the straps ?if you want to lengthen them you don’t need to put a block under the front part of the skid just lift the back of the sled up to make it easier and do one strap at a time.

I did that , but there is very little room to get your hands and tools in at the bolts and nuts .
Maybe I am not as nimble as I used to be
It’s a bit hard to get at but allot easier than removing skid. If you have a way to lift back of sled off the ground and use a big block under front of track gives you a bit more room.

Maybe I am not as nimble as I used to be .

Do u want to shorten or lengthen the straps ?if you want to lengthen them you don’t need to put a block under the front part of the skid just lift the back of the sled up to make it easier and do one strap at a time.
shorten

Then do what 0degC said, or raise the rear up enough to get a jack underneath the centre shock and while sled is raised just jack it enough to shorten the straps. Fairly easy.

Then do what 0degC said, or raise the rear up enough to get a jack underneath the centre shock and while sled is raised just jack it enough to shorten the straps. Fairly easy.
Without my son here to help me , I have become a semi useless tinkerer , unless there is unobstructed access to the job at hand ! (like track tightening )
Seeing as my only possibility of more riding this year , will be the Cochrane to Geraldton corridor , I will probably leave the straps till next year , as I may want the less ski pressure for those early morning spring riding crunchy trails .

Very easy to do with a 4x4 under the skid as mentioned above. We did mine in a parking lot in zero degree weather in about 8 minutes tops

Back