• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you retrofit any other shocks???

TRUTH

Expert
Hey all,
Do any other Yami or other brand sled front shocks fit the Phazer? Thanks! Frank R.

Hey Frank

I don't own a Phazer but I have a little time on one over some decent sized bumps. I do my own shocks so whenever I ride a new sled I kind of evaluate how I feel things are working. If you ask me, I'd say there is too little rebound damping in the rear shock. All this normally takes is a different piston....one with less bleed slits.

I ride a Rev 440 as well, they come with 1 bleed slit on each piston. If I were to guess I'd say there is likely 4 on the rear shock of the Phazer. Pistons are fairly expensive so I would take it apart and clean the piston with acetone then mix up some epoxy and fill in the slits to leave no more than 2 open. If there are currently only 2 bleed slits (not likely) then I'd fill in one. Then you would have to lightly sand off any extra epoxy in the slit by laying the piston on a very flat surface with fine sandpaper till the shims lay perfectly flat over the piston face.

Also, to me, all the shocks need much more compression damping for serious bump riding. The fronts need a lot more Low speed damping to control the body roll and resist bottoming. Hope this info helps.

Tom

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info. I just got a set of Elka Piggybacks for the front..I'm working on a 'top secret" mod for the rear set up!! ;)! If it works, I'll keep you guys posted! You can check out the details of my build by clicking the link in my sig and going to the "snowmobile freeriding" forum. Thanks again for the info! Frank
:yam:

Back