• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb fast to gum up or WTF!

seafoam

thanks for the detailed answer, that helps me understand a little better .Thanks again :Rockon:

Blades.

seafoam

ganz, you said that for storage you use 1oz per gal, can that amount be used right into the tank of the grizz per fill up instead of for storage or is that a bad idea? in other words I want to know if evertime I fill up the grizz or my raptor (to go riding) or my truck for that matter can I just add 1oz per gal of gas or is this something that should only be done once in a while like once evry 3-4 tanks.
If anyone else may know can you please share your experience with this stuff with me.

I still have not located any of this SEAFOAM but Im trying to get as much info on it as possible so I know what Im getting into, Im going to try the NAPA up the street to see if they have it but so far nobody has any Idea what that product is around here and I have been to 3 places so far. Any thanking anyone who can help with this info in advance :Rockon: .

napa sells it. we just got it here in canada and that is where i have to go to buy it.

i add some to every tank of gas in my motorcycle and big bear. towards the end of the season i will be putting some in the sleds as well. had some in the lawnmower but i was too late and now have to clean the damn carb again.

I put it in every tank when I fill up the grizz. Unless I'm riding for a weekend or something. Then I just put it in when I get home and run the motor for a while to get it in the carb.

Have you googled it? Maybe you can order it on the internet. I've never checked myself but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck

seafoam

Ok, found it at the 'advanced Auto Parts' :-o I got two cans 16oz each. I went ahead and filled my 6 1/2gal container up with some 93oct and then added 1oz seafoam per gal and I will just fill up my quads up that way;hopefuly that will be OK or should I add a little more? It says you can add to the crankcase (oil)as well, has anyone done this? if so, can you still use it in the gas + the oil or is just way to much? should it be one or the other?

I would very much like to here any stories about how you used it and why (what problems you had before) and the results if you would not mind...this is for anyone who would not mind taking some time to share. :Rockon:

Thanks to all for your help with this.

Blades

dont put it in the oil unless you are having oil burning issues. in the gas should be plenty in your case.

as for info on how it works for people click on the ty4stroke link. this will take you to the 4stroke sled site. in there do a search for seafoam. you should get lots of results. remeber it doesnt always work for everyone as a ring free additive but i have had good sucess with it.

It does work as you say but I would also reccomend if you are going to have your atv or any unit for that matter setting for a while and not in use it is good to turn the fuel off and run the grizz dry from the carb or empty the carb bowl as we have been seeing a huge increase in gas eating at the needle set and also eating away at the needle it self from all the alcohol in the gas now. This sitiuation is getting worse and worse as they have less additives and more alcohol in the fuel.

just to follow up as well, I had the service manager at my local dealer suggest to put in some 2-stroke injector oil in the tank and run it to get some oil in the carb so the fuel can't gum up or gel the small pilot jet. Have to ask him again how much to put in. Kind of taking a different approach to the situation I guess.

Yup seafoam realy works.. have a 2000 mitsubishi 'clipse gt and it was dying everytime we slow down to idle speed.. mech. said to put seafoam in it .. ran fine ever since.. also put it in my grizz much easier starting i noticed in colder weather... and idles smoother

I found out about Seafoam for my honda Valkyrie roadbike - 6 carbs. Whenever a post regarding rough engine idle/rough running engine - most of the reports state running a mixture of Seafoam into the gas. It also depends on how bad something might be gummed up as to how many gas tanks might need to be mixed - not instant results (but a couple of mixtures/tank fulls. I myself think it is a good cleaning product and have used it in several gas engines/toys that I have. I am not sure but it seems like the more popular this product is becoming, the more expensive it seems to get over the last couple of years. I think I just paid $6 something for a pint (but still buy it.)

TRY THIS!

Buddy I have been there and done that. I purchased a thing called a fitch pack. This helps the gas from breaking down. But I also use Sea Foam. Better to be double safe then not to be able to use the Griz.

my '04 grizz was towed off the lake this winter with engine cutting out- attributed this problem to bad gas ,clogged jets etc. i read this forum - had my local napa bring in the sea foam - put in in the tank and proceeded to go back on the lake - the grizz ran worse than ever - spitting and choking - after i got her towed off the lake i was p*** off and let the grizz sit in my shed for 6 weeks. just fired it up on easter weekend and she has been running great - i assume the seafoam has cleared out any clog's or gummed jets that i may have had.. i'll keep you posted but so far i a m sold on this seafpoam stuff.

Back