• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carb float adjustment

snugmat

doin a carb clean and sync. on my 05 rx-1. service manual says the floats should be set 11-13mm or .43-.59in. from face that bowl sets on with carb turned upside down. mine are all 9mm or .36in. i'm sure they have never been apart so why the discrepency? is this maybe something they did to help combat the hydro-locking while trailering? should i leave them be or set them to what the book says? any input would be greatly appreciated

dont fix what aint broken. you may not have measured them properly and they are all the same, my bet is they are fine.

thanks for the input grader . i was leaning that way anyways. the sled has always run good until the last time i started it this fall. all of a sudden it does'nt like to run below 2000 rpm's. figured it must of got some gunk in 1 of the carbs so bought the carbtune sync tool and pulled the rack off the sled. i know it has'nt been synced so i thought it would be a good time to go thru it all.

Actually, ... you are looking for the fuel level to be correct. If it is NOT correct, then you adjust the Floats. So, ... I would think that you could check the fuel level and then determine if the floats needed any adjustment. And, ... maybe you will have evidence that they are fine where they are at. Then again, ... They may need adjustment. I attached a page from the Tech Manual that shows how to measure fuel level. Another way of saying this is: Setting the Floats with a measurement when they are upside down is a good way to get them all the same. Measuring the fuel level is the way to make sure they are all adjusted correctly.

Attachments

• 03RX1 Fuel Level.pdf
    348.9 KB · Views: 429

Back