• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carb soolant shutoffs?

ger

Expert
Who has these and when would I need to shut the coolant flow off.
I have that on my srx but I let it run all the time , what is the reason behind shutting it off.

Soes anyone have a pic of this mod, what do you need in parts?

Did a search and found nothing :?:

You would cut the coolant off when the air temperature is warm. Lower temperature results in lower fluid density (both air and gas), which means more fuel to the engine.

Any automotive store should be able to supply you with an all-metal valve compatible with coolant.

do I just tell the doo dealer I need a coolant shutoff and they will know what one I need , or do what sled it it off of.

do I just install it before it goes into the carbs?

The shutoff is on their newer Summits - they should know what you are talking about when you order.

I am going to install mine where the coolant hose goes to the carb on top of the motor - small diameter hose that 'T's off of one of the larger coolant hoses.

I did the ski-doo part, and when I picked it up, I noticed it was the same as the Motion-Pro fuel shut-off, only it was $5 more than the Motion-Pro shut-off's I picked up for the fuel lines

Grape, Where can I get the Motion Pro shut offs? My dealer doesn't carry any shut off valves that will work.

parts Unlimited part# P12-036 sugg retail 14.95
I also believe Marshall, and Tucker Rocky carry them too. I used the 5/16 size which fit fuel,lines,and the coolant line... Rich motorsports can get them as well, I believe

I bought a brass ballvalve and two nipples to fit the hose from ace hardware for less than $6.00 USD. I will post pics of the valve and size tomorrow for you guys that want a cheaper way that still looks good.

I have the shutoff switch that is on the 700 MM. I had it installed at a dearship when they did the float bowl upgrade, so I don't remember the cost. I usually only run with the carbs heated when I have a lot of snow dust and it's cold out.

Back