• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb Sync really reduces clutch rattle

Jim Bob21

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
vk professional
So I just sync'd the carbs on the "new to me" vk pro 2010. It was not out alot but cyl 3 was lower than the other 2. So I reduced the other 2 then adjusted the idle back. Well... all I can say is wow ! As suspected it starts and idles much better..but I did not expect it would eliminate 75 or 80% of my clutch rattle. It is truly amazing how much quieter the machine is now. A quick search on this site shows that many have noticed the same relationship between carb sync and clutch rattle. It makes sense when you think of the clutch rotation being affected by a weaker fire from a cylinder at idle. Anyway...very pleased to get a byproduct that I did not expect.

So I just sync'd the carbs on the "new to me" vk pro 2010. It was not out alot but cyl 3 was lower than the other 2. So I reduced the other 2 then adjusted the idle back. Well... all I can say is wow ! As suspected it starts and idles much better..but I did not expect it would eliminate 75 or 80% of my clutch rattle. It is truly amazing how much quieter the machine is now. A quick search on this site shows that many have noticed the same relationship between carb sync and clutch rattle. It makes sense when you think of the clutch rotation being affected by a weaker fire from a cylinder at idle. Anyway...very pleased to get a byproduct that I did not expect.

It really improves cold start and quality of running during warmup as well.

Im in Huntsville had a problem since I bought this machine 07vkpro flooding and fouling especially at idle... once its running its fine... thought it was carb but had them cleaned how do you sync it without two vaccum gauges... What did you do? Anything else I should look at?

I have vacuum gauges but actually like using my unisyn guage better. I find it more accurate and easy. Just open airbox and check each one quickly and adjust to same. Check your choke. When I bought mine it was running really rich. The choke would never completely turn off. Was always partially on. Just lubricated aNd cleaned the sliding rail joining them all and was much better. Carb sync even if out a bit should not be causing flooding. Maybe a carb float valve / seat or something if not the choke

Back