• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carbs,

montanastick

Extreme
Is there a difference between stock carbs on a 03, 04, 05 RX1

I am having a problem when I start my sled with the choke on if wants to take off

After letting off throttle, it backfires,

Idle -- idles at 1000 rps / other times it will not drop back to 1000 it stays up at 2500 - 3000 rpms

This sled sat for 2 years, its a 03 RX1 w/ 200 miles. Motor runs strong but carbs have issues, I have a set of carbs off a 04 RX1 & 05 Warrior, are these the same? can I switch them out

Tried carb cleaner, have sea foam in it now???

I don't know if you can interchange them but sounds as if you clean the carbs again and hopefully you got fresh gas in it you can take care of the problem

carbs

i think the only diff was the height of the float bowl on 03 change them out should be fine , as stated clean carbs on the 03 , make sure your belt is not sucked down if it is takeing off

Take carbs off and apart and clean them......

they will all fit and work. different float bowl setup on the latter ones. sounds like the carbs need dissassembly and cleaning.

As said, carbs are identical save for the float bowls. The difference is only applicable to mountain sleds due to operation at extreme angles.

Did you ever get the high idle issue cleared up?
I have a set of carbs doing the same thing now. Cleaned them several times. Syncd. Sled runs great mid and top end but hangs up at idle.
When started it idles low then when warm it races 25-3000rpm.
When riding and getting out of throttle it hangs 25-3000rpm for several seconds before dropping if it even drops. Sometimes I just have to kit the kill switch. When I restart it is reving just as high.

Is this an Air Screw adjustment? Float heights? Pilot Jet? Sled runs good except for Idle????

05 RX-1 Mtn
Stock airbox, under tunnel exhaust
135 MJ
#2 clip Needle
#15 PJ
2 turns AS
2100' elevation

I have cleaned & cleaned these carbs, 100% rebuild!!! back fire still happening, So today I went with plan B, install a different carb rack, & fuel pumps, RUNS PERFECT!!!!!!!

maybe its the fuel pumps??? I installed a set of carbs & fuel pump off a 04 RX1 that sat for almost 2 yrs in a parts sled, I know they where not as clean as the ones I took off,( sprayed w/starter fluid to clean, no tare down at all ) same gas???

JUST VERY HAPPY---must be all the good liven!!!

Back