• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carburetor Slide Operation

bigal1951

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX
2004 RX Warrior
Can someone tell me how the slides work on the carbs of a RX Warrior (same for RX1 I imagine)? I know there is a butterfly that opens for the carb; but, are the slides supposed to move up and down when the throttle is pulled as well? Mine are not moving at all; running or not.

See this video

Its unlikely they will move much if any running it on the stand. The engine vac draws the slide up from the top side of the diaphragm.

Thanks, Confused. I just verified that; and, everything looks good. I am thinking the stumble/studder is an electrical issue. I have gone over everything twice since rebuilding the carburetor sand am thinking I have to take it to a service tech.

you have checked the wiring under the tool box in the nose for rub throughs and the grounds?

Having to synch those carbs was common

Synced the carbs; but, haven't checked the wiring. Will do that tomorrow.

Synced the carbs; but, haven't checked the wiring. Will do that tomorrow.
I read your other thread about the misfiring problem. I had a similar situation that lasted for a couple of seasons. I cleaned the carbs a half dozen times, replaced the in tank filter, replaced the fuel pumps with a borrowed pair and removed the little screens above the needle seat assembly. I thought I had solved the problem several times but it always came back. What ended up happening was I got a check engine warning and a code. It was for a faulty TPS switch that's mounted on the clutch side of the rack. The switch is just a rheostat which I removed after marking its original position. I saturated it with contact cleaner and worked the switch back and forth and reinstalled. The check engine was gone and the sled ran perfect for several rides. During one ride the switch started to fail again and the bad running was back. I found a new one on ebay and my problem has been solved for 3 or 4 years. These switches are not cheap so I suggest trying to spray yours to see if its the problem. If it doesn't help then you should try and borrow a set of carbs. There are stories on here of guys that could only fix misfiring by changing carb racks. I think that they probably had bad switches. I think I am the only one to replace the switch. Sorry for being so long winded.

Thanks, low flying missile. Were you saying that the TPS switch is on the carb rack on the clutch side? Do you have a photo of it? I will look at this.

Back