• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which way does this go

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have pulled the carbs of my 03 rx1 for the 8th time trying to figure out the bog. It starts and idles fine but bogs just as the clutches engage and won’t move. If I play with the choke I can drive it around some. This has me thinking it’s the pilot circuit but All the jets look clean as new and so do the passages. When I was removing the slides I forgot remove the guides for the needle on the main jet and the I turned the carbs over they fell out. Just wondering which way they go back in. Does the concave side go toward the bottom of the carbs or the top. If they were installed upside/backwards the first time I rebuilt the carbs would this cause a bog situation

Attachments

• 315C162D-2B4D-4B33-B4A8-D8312A773A38.jpeg
    315C162D-2B4D-4B33-B4A8-D8312A773A38.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 139
  • E6F49D36-6B5E-4B85-9F8B-CF87CF866092.jpeg
    E6F49D36-6B5E-4B85-9F8B-CF87CF866092.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Also, what is this switch for and how should it be adjusted. I tested it and it has continuity when the plunger is pressed and doesn’t when not pressed

Attachments

• 4E068D58-8E76-43EE-B640-7AD0E44BBD8B.jpeg
    4E068D58-8E76-43EE-B640-7AD0E44BBD8B.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 122
To almost quarter. Like I said, if it idles fine, then pilots are good.

To almost quarter. Like I said, if it idles fine, then pilots are good.
Any other suggestions then where to check? The original reason for pulling the carbs was a rough idle but it ran fine other than that. Pulled them apart cleaned them 7 times already and I still have the issue with the bog. All jets are clean and air blows freely through all passages. I replaced all needle and seats. It idles fine and revs up fine right up to where the clutches engage and bogs and won’t go anywhere. If I play with the choke I can drive it around. It sure seems like a carb issue but I’m leaning towards it being something else. I have had them off in the past several times for cleaning without issue. I checked the boots between the carbs and engine for cracks or leaks and the look fine. I have bypassed the TORS and it never made a difference. Does anyone know what that switch is and does in my second post. I have adjusted it so maybe it’s out of its proper adjustment and causing the issue. I’m at a loss right now.

Any other suggestions then where to check? The original reason for pulling the carbs was a rough idle but it ran fine other than that. Pulled them apart cleaned them 7 times already and I still have the issue with the bog. All jets are clean and air blows freely through all passages. I replaced all needle and seats. It idles fine and revs up fine right up to where the clutches engage and bogs and won’t go anywhere. If I play with the choke I can drive it around. It sure seems like a carb issue but I’m leaning towards it being something else. I have had them off in the past several times for cleaning without issue. I checked the boots between the carbs and engine for cracks or leaks and the look fine. I have bypassed the TORS and it never made a difference. Does anyone know what that switch is and does in my second post. I have adjusted it so maybe it’s out of its proper adjustment and causing the issue. I’m at a loss right now.
Can you post a video?
Also, do you have the airbox in place while you are running it?

I have no clue how to post a video but I can ask my kid. I’m sure he would know. I was hoping for some idea on what to look for since I have the carbs off the sled and all apart right now. But I will double check everything again and put them back on and see what happens.

I have no clue how to post a video but I can ask my kid. I’m sure he would know. I was hoping for some idea on what to look for since I have the carbs off the sled and all apart right now. But I will double check everything again and put them back on and see what happens.
Those pieces you asked about, you installed them from the main jet hole and up in?

I am going to yes. Cupped end towards the top of the carbs. I haven’t put the carbs back together yet. I’m wondering if I may have put them in upside down the first time I took them apart this year and possibly that’s what the problem is. Not sure if it would make that much of a difference.

has a carb synch been done recently?

might solve a few issues.

Back