• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carlisle or Dayco

I was wondering because Snowtech states that Yammie belts are very hard and give up some performance for durability. I know dayco use to make the ultimate belts but sold that division, now they are making belts again under a different name. Plus I need a spare.

The 8dn belts are fairly hard and can cause slippage in the clutches which in turn causes excess heat thats why I switched to the Ultimax cooler running and a slimmer profile that allows the belt to ride higher in the secondary almost like an overdrive,as per Snow tech.

Nytro40th said:
I was wondering because Snowtech states that Yammie belts are very hard and give up some performance for durability. I know dayco use to make the ultimate belts but sold that division, now they are making belts again under a different name. Plus I need a spare.

I think Dayco changed their name to Carlisle.

Just a paranoid view here but I wouldn't buy anything from Carlisle if it is anything like their crappy trailer tires. Strictly junk from China. I hope the same isn't true of the belts but I sure wouldn't be betting on that.

Prior to Running the Ultimax as per ST for 1 YR, I ran several stock 8DN's on my RX1 for 3 YRS with complete reliability and performance,but felt that The Ultimax had the performance edge over the 8DN with reliability too match.

I think I will go with the Dayco HPX its $30.00 cheaper than the Carlisle Ultimate XS. At Royal Dist. the Carlisle is like a $103.00. I will try the HPX this season and post my results with it.

My buddy who I used to help on his open mod.We use to run yami beldts it was cat motor but ran everything.He did some r&d testing for carlise they worked the best for are application and lasted the longest.We would only get 3 runs out of a yamaha beldt and that was more then any other beldt before they would come apart.

I used to run Dayco belts a few year back when i rode Doo. The never lasted as long a oem belts. They would also fray and eventually come part!

I buy a new belt at the start of every season,I am not willing to see how long a belt will last,I need to get home after a days ride not be stuck out in the middle of nowhere because I was too cheap to buy a new one.

rightarm said:
I buy a new belt at the start of every season,I am not willing to see how long a belt will last,I need to get home after a days ride not be stuck out in the middle of nowhere because I was too cheap to buy a new one.

Thats why you always carry a spare. ;)! Must be 2 cheap too buy 2. I could get a good season on a stock doo belt, now on a dayco I was luck to get between 250-500 miles

Back