• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cat and yamaha differences

Kuzzy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 yamaha sidewinder xtx se
2022 STX GT
2017 King Cat M9000
I ended up picking up a 2018 King Cat, do they still have all of the same failures as the yamaha? Im thinking the top gear (need to see if they take the same DMC gear yet) and driveshafts are still an issue (obviously a different chaincase because it is dropped and rolled), but what about the clutches? Do they flat spot rollers as well? I am pretty well versed in the sidewinder, but cant find much literature on here about the AC problems/upgrades.

Yes same issues and be very careful and inspect that primary well after each ride.. very very common that the movable sheave cracks and eventually blow apart

Jackshaft and clutches are the only difference,

X2 what Yamamarc said. To clarify, you need a mirror and good flashlight to inspect. I've never seen the stationery side crack, always the movable side. So dropping the side panel and bending over and looking into clutch, what you're seeing is stationery side. Need to use mirror to see movable side. Important!

Attachments

• cracked Team clutch.jpg
    cracked Team clutch.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 128

Back