• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat magnetic tether

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro xtx
Hey all, I recently installed an Arctic cat magnet tether on my 09 nytro xtx following ulmers other thread for wiring. The problem I’m having is when I pull the tether cord off it doesn’t always shut the sled down and stays running. I thought maybe I got a bad switch so I bought a second and it’s doing the same thing. If I tap on the switch it shuts it down until I reattach the tether like it should. too much voltage? Any advice?

Hey all, I recently installed an Arctic cat magnet tether on my 09 nytro xtx following ulmers other thread for wiring. The problem I’m having is when I pull the tether cord off it doesn’t always shut the sled down and stays running. I thought maybe I got a bad switch so I bought a second and it’s doing the same thing. If I tap on the switch it shuts it down until I reattach the tether like it should. too much voltage? Any advice?
If you tap on it and it shuts off it sounds like the magnet or plate is binding in the housing. (Shrug)

That was my thought. So I bought a second one and still does the exact same thing. I wouldn’t think I got 2 brand new tethers from 2 different places that were bad… the only thing I can think of is that it has too much current for the tether or something and won’t allow the contacts to separate. It’s odd because lots of people have done this mod and I haven’t really heard of any issues..

are they from the same batch? might have manufacturing issue with one.

It’s possible.. I suppose. The one I got in the mail today is dated 8/5/2020. Unfortunately I no longer have the packaging from the first one as it seemed to be working correctly when I installed it 4 months ago but I only tested it twice and parked it at that time.. I can try to get in touch with cat tomorrow and see if they know anything. They do both have the same numbers on the actual plug but I know one is the part number
973F6B83-8FFF-4885-9DD0-52421D91B859.jpeg

Last edited:

Back