• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center Shock

Monsey

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX DX
I’ve had some clunking in my skid and when I pulled it out to check things I checked the center shock.
Without the spring on it, I compressed it and it sprung up right to the top like a pogo stick.
So the question... should there be dampening ? I would have thought that if I compressed it, it would take a few seconds to rebound not spring right out. Is this normal is the shock blown?

The coil center shocks do have a lot of rebound, but maybe you are due for a rebuild on it? How many miles? Get a hold of Cannondale on here, he is the forum shock doctor/guru.

If more than 2000 mi or it comes out faster than about 1-2 second or so send it over. It's needing a $30 refresh.

If more than 2000 mi or it comes out faster than about 1-2 second or so send it over. It's needing a $30 refresh.

Thanks for the info. 1-2sec's is what I was looking for.. right now its pretty well instant.
It looks like you are states side, I'm in Canada. I don't think the turn around will be fast unless I pay a mint for shipping.

Again, thanks for the info I'll have to figure out my next steps.

Where you at in canada? I'm from canada too. I can recommend a few shops.

Back