• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case bolt

soldi

Expert
I have replaced my track, was putting the chain case back on and over torqued. One bolt snapped in half.. Saw that they were supposed to be torqued to 23 nm but I had left the setting o 43 nm from the driveshaft bolt... The threads on the snowmobile survived but I'm thinking I should replace all 7 bolts because I must have stretched all bolts...

What type of bolts are they? They have a 9 on them and have a flange built in and are made of aluminum, would I be able to find them in the local hardware store?

Yamaha parts number 95817-08030-00
http://partstream.arinet.com/Mobile/Fg8 ... qWGE1.html

are you sure they are aluminum? mine weren't on my sled. Either way it would be a lot easier to buy them from Yamaha. Try and online company since your more than likely aren't riding now anyway on little parts they are hard to beat sometimes 30% off dealer parts.

All the bolts in the chaincase are steel.

Looking at the part number I believe it is an M8x30. Chances are that the thread is a 1.25

They seam to be m8 30. There not magnetic so maybe stainless steel then?

Couldn't find a bolt with a collar on so I'll just order them. Any recomendation for online sources with international shipping?

the number on the bolt head is most likely a reference to the grade. Remember, there is a torque sequence for the chain case bolts. ;)!

For sure the bolts would be a 1.25 mm thread pitch. G.B.

Back