• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chain case oil?

porkchop

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro Nation
What's everyone use? I've used ATF in all my previous 2 stroke sleds.

Another noob question: where is the drain located, easy to do?

Searched the site and weeded thru alot of everything but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks guys ;)!

If you take the bottom black panel off you will see the drain and it makes less of a mess.I use Amsoil but I really dont think it matters as long as something clean is in there.

Some Phazers (mine for one) have a leak issue down there. I'd be careful with anything 'thinner' or even 'not Yamaha' in case they have to relace/repair it. I have yet to see any performance gains, (or wear from factory oil), but i have heard all the nightmares of aftermarket oils. Not worth it to me i guess? But i'm older now and don't play around with that kinda stuff anymore.

I'm using Mobile 1 in the Motor and the Chaincase without any problems.

I personally wouldn't trust ATF, amsoil or not. Yamaha calls for 75w minimum, ATF is LESS than a 10w and has additives that allow it to work with friction disks. Yes car trannies have gears in them but there is alot more gear surface per HP than our chaincase gears have to deal with. I personally run a 75w90 synthetic gear lube in the chaincase.

Back