• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CHAINCASE WORRY

JERSEYJOE

Expert
I have read all of the posts regarding the chaincase issue with the APEX.
My sled has 2000 miles without any issue, but from what I read the problem can occur after 3000. Is there any thing that I can do to
1. Check to see if something is on the way to failing.
2. Replacing some part prior to it failing?

I am going on another trip and I do not feel as confident as I should having a new sled. Come to think about it, I bought a new sled so that I would not have to worry about a breakdown with an older unit.

Might better take my SRX with 7000 miles. It never let me down.

SUGGESTIONS????????

JERSEYJOE said:
I have read all of the posts regarding the chaincase issue with the APEX.
My sled has 2000 miles without any issue, but from what I read the problem can occur after 3000. Is there any thing that I can do to
1. Check to see if something is on the way to failing.
2. Replacing some part prior to it failing?

I am going on another trip and I do not feel as confident as I should having a new sled. Come to think about it, I bought a new sled so that I would not have to worry about a breakdown with an older unit.

Might better take my SRX with 7000 miles. It never let me down.

SUGGESTIONS????????

I don't see this as a wide spread problem. Mine only starting happening after I was really riding it hard holding it to the bars for long periods of time. See this fix listed by Hondo in this post.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=240320#240320

" Might better take my SRX with 7000 miles. It never let me down."
I hope you are kidding about this!

If it is leaking you will smell oil while riding and have black puddles under the right running board when you stop.

Hope this helps,

-Moose

-Moose

I have 3300 miles on my Apex GT, with no problems. I can smell gear oil after prolonged periods of high speed running though. I have checked the oil level and it is never low. Could the smell of gear oil indicate that a problem is about to happen?

MOOSE!!!!!

No my SRX has been 100% loyal as has my Viper also with 7000 miles.

Aside from " normal maintenance" I feel 100% confident that it would not leave me stranded.

Jerseyjoe,

Read the "Stranded in Dubreville" thread.

Should not be concerned with your SRX.

It basically applies to the 06 Apex and Attak's.

A bad batch of rubber dipstick's. The vent grooves are not open enough! ;)!

HONDO

HONDO: Excelent pictures of the dipstick venting problem. All APEX owners should thank you. Seems like such a BS problem, you would think that Yamaha could have done a little better testing.

Back