• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing from 8 to 7 tooth drivers What gearing change

RXB-1

Extreme
Going with the Camo extreme 162 and had to switch to 7 tooth drivers (Avids) from 8 tooth. What gearing changes do I need to make.??? Would like it to run about the same as it does now gearing wise.
Thanks and bring on the snow :4STroke:

Run the same gears.

The difference in size of the drivers isn't enough to justify a change.

On second thought, that darn Extreme really grabs the snow. It doesn't spin in the deep stuff like a maverick. It hooks up and lifts the front end out of the snow. Maybe a little lower gearing might not be a bad idea. Maybe 18 or 19 x 40 depending on your elevation.

Driver size:

8 x 2.52" = 20.16"

7 x 3.0 = 21"

I had a post on gearing for this very thing last season. I bet it can be easily found if you type in "gearing" in the search window.

Good luck

Frosty

18 tooth gear

Do not run anything smaller than the 19tooth as I tried an 18 and it was too small for the chain and wore it down real fast. 19 tooth is as small as you can go without issues. If you want lower gearing go with 19 and 43 on the bottom the 19 is a gear that Yamaha does not make you can get it at Goodwin Performance. Also the 43 is not made by Yamaha it is a different hyvo gear maybe you could get that at Goodwin as well. I like the 19-43 gearing in mine. I even liked that gearing with my 151x16 now I am running 162x16x2.3. Later, Justin

Back