• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

changing jets

wpgwarrior

Expert
how difficult is it to change main jets?i just ordered 170's , i have the cr10ek's and will mod the box.....any last advice(words)? nervous, i dont want to hurt it, i am just looking for all the power that people say is there...and i am not going to boost or blast it! :rocks:

Hardest part is removing the 4 screws at the bottom of bowel. Use a screw gun, I also replaced the Phillips head screws with sst Allen heads, won't strip as easy. Check out the tech section, nice step by step on these carbs. Clean the other jets while you have each carb apart.

Set your air screws to 2 turns out from a light seat as well. The little screws to take the bowls off are easy to strip so make sure you press hard to keep your screw driver engaged. If you read my air box mod thread it says what screws to get to change these screws to allen heads. Its also a good time to silicone your clamps as it states in my air box thread as well. Do not get the jets confused and make sure they are clean even the shellac if they have some on them.

To change the jets is easy. Just unscrew them and screw the new ones in.

As already said remove the pilots and give them a good cleaning too. I'm not sure how these are jetted from the factory or if you guys bump up a size.

Sled Dog said:
Set your air screws to 2 turns out from a light seat as well.

You mean fuel screws. In leaner, out richer. Are you guys really only two turns out on them?

Yep.

That's factory Spec for a flatland RX 1. !.5 turns on a Mountain.

Back