• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing seat Hight

CanadianVector

Veteran
I have an 05 mountian vector. After siting on the 06, you can really notice the extra seat hight. The seat is flat and taller than the 05. When I got the 05 the first thing I noticed is that there is a pocket right at the front of the seat. I thought this was a great idea. When I started sledding you wanted your but to be as low to the ground as possible. This made the sled less tippy during cornering. With the 05 in the corners I get in the pocket and lean as far over as I can an accellerate as hard as i can until the inside ski lift is to much. I would imagin that the taller the seat is the less gas I could give it and have the same a mount of ski lift. I spend more time standing than most, ( I race intermediate CC dirt bikes all summer, stand is almost always faster) but turning sleds on trails, sitting down is faster.

So, if your knees are good and you have no problem going from a sitting postion to standing, wouldnt a lower seat hight be better for cornering, better for side hilling ect?

CanadianVector said:
I have an 05 mountian vector. After siting on the 06, you can really notice the extra seat hight. The seat is flat and taller than the 05. When I got the 05 the first thing I noticed is that there is a pocket right at the front of the seat. I thought this was a great idea. When I started sledding you wanted your but to be as low to the ground as possible. This made the sled less tippy during cornering. With the 05 in the corners I get in the pocket and lean as far over as I can an accellerate as hard as i can until the inside ski lift is to much. I would imagin that the taller the seat is the less gas I could give it and have the same a mount of ski lift. I spend more time standing than most, ( I race intermediate CC dirt bikes all summer, stand is almost always faster) but turning sleds on trails, sitting down is faster.

So, if your knees are good and you have no problem going from a sitting postion to standing, wouldnt a lower seat hight be better for cornering, better for side hilling ect?
I think you have a good point there but sometimes when you get in some rough trails and there are big bumps the taller seat & handlebars helps ...and in Michigan the trails get pretty beat up so maybe a compromise is needed ...everything has to be considered ..your hieght, seat hieght, types of riding you do and how often you ride that way...for me being that I'm only 5'8" I can put my bars forward all the way and its not too bad I think I might consider a 1" handlebar riser at this point.

Back