• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cheap mods on 09 nytro mtx

Idaho Nytro said:
First thing is to get rid of the maverick track
Would it be a good idea to also put the super Q silencer on it I heard it sounds awesome and loses 8 lbs and gains 2-4 hp. Would it also be good to put simmons Gen II skis on or leave stock ones on. :4STroke:

I put the gen 1s on mine and it made a big difference. Other than the track, skis, and power mad pivot riser that all i have done to mine.

Idaho Nytro said:
I put the gen 1s on mine and it made a big difference. Other than the track, skis, and power mad pivot riser that all i have done to mine.
Did you have to extend any cables to get the riser to fit, and im guessing you went with the 2 inch.

Did you have to extend any cables to get the riser to fit, and im guessing you went with the 2 inch.[/quote]

No, with the pivot adapter i used a 4" riser block. That way I stayed the same heighth as the stock riser, only moved the bars more foward. Ill get some pics in the morning.

Idaho Nytro said:
Did you have to extend any cables to get the riser to fit, and im guessing you went with the 2 inch.

No, with the pivot adapter i used a 4" riser block. That way I stayed the same heighth as the stock riser, only moved the bars more foward. Ill get some pics in the morning.[/quote]thanks man pics would be appreciated. :Rockon:

would not do a super q I had one, way to loud at wot. stock is like 83db ulta q is 95db. For shure dump the maverick track.

Inexpensive mods

Install either Snow Eliminators or Better Boards. The stock boards don't evacuate snow very well. It doesn't cost much (under $150) to modify the stock boards and it makes a huge difference.

I have the SuperQ exhaust - it is rather loud. Good if you like that sort of thing, not so good if you like the quiet four-stroke experience.

Back