• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check Your Upper A-Arm Bolts ASAP!

How to check

I have not taken all the plastic off my 09 XTX yet, can you make sure everything is snug from the front or do you need to get behind the arms as well.

If it is from the front one of mine I was able to snug about an 1/8 of a turn and the others nothing.

Now if they just put them all on as tight as the oil filter!

I noticed on mine that they did not put any loctite on these two bolts. All the other bolts do. Dosen't make any sense to me.

WOW this seems like a small but potentially catastrophic problem.

I remember some guy posting about this happening to his nytro a longgg time ago and everyone got all over him telling him he was an idiot and stuff #$%&* .

Kinda reminds me of when I was one of the first to have a spindle break and an outta whack subframe.

I guess a whole lotta people sure put their foot in their mouths on this one...
:rocks:

This may become a safety issue. All that have experienced this problem please notify your dealer or contact Yamaha directly with information on this issue.

darnello
...bet you think that army train is cool in your aviator...i will be driving that train in 45min....all that stuff is usually low key unless it is the british army again...will see when i get to work

bad brad said:
darnello
...bet you think that army train is cool in your aviator...i will be driving that train in 45min....all that stuff is usually low key unless it is the british army again...will see when i get to work

was it fro the Brits??? there was one car a bright blue ford focus with europeen plates on it!!!

Back