• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cloth coverup on ECU APEX

Snowman35

Extreme
Country
USA
Is it fine to cover the ECU of the apex 2007 (located up in the "worst" location front bulkhead area with a terry cloth of sorts? or will it cause excessive heat and damage the ECU? Thanx in advance for the help.

will it cause excessive heat and damage the ECU

I used to use that area as storage on my 07 and found that it was a bad idea.

Bad idea?? why? I've been using a storage bag up in that area for 3 years with no issues whatsoever and I've got the EPS. I don't know if i would use a terry cloth there why not just buy the proper storage bag for $20 or 30 bucks

first it was an o7 no ps second i didnt have the bag i just stored a t shirt up there and it would actually cause the temp light to come on on my dash thought that was crazy but out of 3 07 gt i was the only one that had the temp light comming on after scratching our heads i took the t shirt out and we ran the rest of the wekend and my temp light did not come on once. the op was not asking about a storage issue it was if a terry cloth cover on the ecu is okay I bet he was worried about debris getting on the ecu. it needs to breath is why its a bad idea.

OK. no problem you didn't mention a t-shirt, i wouldn't place that there either. my ECU is also in the same place along with the EPS module and since using the Yamaha storage bag made for that area I've never had any problems but like i mentioned I wouldn't place a terry cloth there.

Back