• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Kits

soldi said:
Any tips for installation? Never done any clutch work before...
Sounds like it's time for some research ahah :exc:
I was very pleased with my comfort clutch and stage II from SBM - smoother/snappier acceleration.
I said was because the circlip broke and ruined my secondary and helix the 2nd year I had it :o| . So don't be cheap like me and make sure to get a new clip! I now have a reverse secondary which does not use the stupid clips to keep things together.

Thanks for those installation instructions Equillibrium. I've had my secondary apart to clean it before (and yes I did replace the circlip ... thanks to this Forum), so I feel fairly confident that I can handle the clutch kit install. Hearing what's involve first-hand always helps though ... so thanks again for that.

Not to hyjack this thread or anything, but finally got some snow around here so of course I had to get out and play in it with the new track and skid. Noticed the improved flotation right away, but also I experienced what I think may have been ratcheting ... OR it could be that I do not have the chain tensioned properly. Either way, I'd appreciate a little help.

I've never experienced track ratcheting on any sled before, so I can only imagine what it feels like. But in describing what I experienced, I will say that I could feel what seems like slipping, but only with a sudden burst of power (or blip of the throttle). It never happened from a start or a steady increase in throttle ... only when getting on the throttle ... even when I was already moving at a good pace.

I am running the track fairly tight. I could try to tighten the track some more, but I'm wondering if I should start with an adjustment to my chain. I did follow the chain tensioning guidelines when putting everything back together, but maybe I didn't get it tight enough? what do you guys think? where should I start?

Here's a shot of my sled as it sits now.

P1030542.jpg

I have the Schmidt stage 2 in my 09' nytro XTX, best investment ever made compare to my brother's same sled without the clutch kit. Just bought a Phazer MTX 09' for the wife and ordering a Stage 2 kit again for the other one. Love the products, Love the results and Chris knows his stuff from front to back. Services and parts were top notch.

Back