• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch kits

All depends on calibration. Some kits rev higher at trail speed then others therefore decreasing economy. Some kits are not worth the money! Buyer beware.....

Dan

Dano said:
All depends on calibration. Some kits rev higher at trail speed then others therefore decreasing economy. Some kits are not worth the money! Buyer beware.....

Dan

Hum, so I would I know? I rode an 2005 RX-1 last season at my dealer. I asked him what clutch kit was on it. He stated that is was a Bender. Am I safe to assume that a Bender clutch would be ok to purchase?

If I recall, bender uses Heal Clickers for primary weights? I’m personally not a fan of HCs and think there are better weights out there, but thats just me. It’s a tough call to say what kit is better or more economical. I don’t think there is a big difference, but revving higher does not necessary mean your going faster or have better performance (something to keep in mind while calibrating) Remember that the stock clutching is not that bad and yamaha has really done allot better calibrating their clutches the past couple years. Clutch kits can get expensive where sometime calibrating the stock clutches are just as good if not better. (For overall trail performance)
Knowing what I know now, I would of saved allot of money in clutch parts when I was thinking 2-stroke when calibrating my RX-1.
Remember, many clutch kits don’t work if you don’t have the traction.

Good luck....

Dan

You load the motor harder you burn more fuel. Typically a sled that is clutched to lower rpm,s & pull harder will use more fuel. Most guys that run heelclickers do not use enuff secondary spring. When you run a very aggressive primary set up you usually need a lot more secondary tension to hold back the shift. When I ran hc,s I had no more heat in the clutches then any other set up. Factory clutching is a decent all around set up which will typically give you the best fuel mileage but lack in performance in a straight line drag race.

now how about the super tips? what's the difference between the wieghts? thanks

Back