• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch Problem? Apex 2011

bull

Extreme
On my last ride I removed the sled from the trailer. Give gas, the clutch did not engaged it didn't squeezed the belt. After I pressed a few times on the gas it finally engaged and I was good for the day. Because of the Holiday I wasn't able to find a place where they can look at it. Do you think I am good to go tomorrow. I Talked with a mechanic and told me that the clucth is probably dirty. I got only 3700 KM on it.

Thanks ;)!

BUll

Maybe when you loaded your sled on the trailer, you had to hit the brakes, not allowing the belt to ride to the top of the secondary. Then you had to get on the gas to get it to engage when you wanted to remove the sled.

Grimm said:
Maybe when you loaded your sled on the trailer, you had to hit the brakes, not allowing the belt to ride to the top of the secondary. Then you had to get on the gas to get it to engage when you wanted to remove the sled.

I go with this theory..maybe last time you rode you stopped the sled with heavy brake, and the secondary stuck open? If the secondary was open it took the primary alittle bit to close to a certain point until the belt finally tightened up and engaged the secondary?

Thanks for your input guys, 384 KM today worked flawlessly I will go with frost on the clutch. Make sens. I worked on it inside and I loaded her on the trailer and sat there for a few weeks

If you drove your sled in to or on to your trailer your secondary clutch would not have been open at that speed.
I have seen many people get on cold sled's with frost on the clutches and could not figure out why the sled don't move. This is really bad sometimes with enclosed trailer's where there are really big temp swing's.
Put on a stand and run before trying to move!

Back