• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 super low idle stalls when you hit the throttle and reverse wont Engauge

Pabstkiller

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 apex
was loading up after a ride yesterday sled ran great all day ( except for blowing a belt) but i wasn't quite on the trailer where i needed to be so i went to put it in reverse and it wont let it go into revers and when i try and start the sled it cranks and cranks like it wants to start but it wont and when it finally starts it idles around 1000rpm and has a rattling noise and if you try to hit the gas it dies there's no check engine light on and ideas?

Sounds like it’s flooded. It happens when it’s really cold. Reverse sounds like a problem with linkage.

could the linkage just randomly go after working fine all day? and how do you adjust the linkage and its got just over 6000 miles on it

I would get the sled in a shop and thaw it out. Try putting in new plugs. Does it shift at all or lever won’t move?

could the linkage just randomly go after working fine all day? and how do you adjust the linkage and its got just over 6000 miles on it

Everything works until it doesn't. I'd take a look, it's an easy adjustment.

Back