• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch puller for Sidewinder

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Last edited:

its a regular yamaha clutch puller...you will find them cheaper looking that way than that country cat

Reactions: krm
Last edited:
So, will cat puller work on the yamaha sidewinder or not? Need to know cause I have the cat one already .

I see no reason it would not. If you click the link above it lists the Yamaha 998 as compatible. I have always used CAT pullers and believe them to be very good pullers. I was posting to confirm if it would work. ?? So im not 100% sure about 99%. It will work on the thundercat(but that's a cat clutch). I also have the puller listed above in the link

Last edited:
Anyone 100% sure? Hate to waste money if you don't have to .

In 2012 I got a Cat turbo, 2016 a Viper. The clutch pullers look NOTHING alike. Make sure you get the RIGHT one for your machine.

cat puller is for a cat..where do you get it working on a yamaha.....? the only possibility is maybe cat will use a yamaha puller since its a yamaha crank hub..who know...who cares...

get a yamaha puller..same as nytro or apex....besides they are cheaper since theyve been around so long...

cat puller is for a cat..where do you get it working on a yamaha.....? the only possibility is maybe cat will use a yamaha puller since its a yamaha crank hub..who know...who cares...

get a yamaha puller..same as nytro or apex....besides they are cheaper since theyve been around so long...
Ok, will do. It does make sense that the cat puller won't work . Thanks for the info .

I care if my puller I HAVE will work and why buy another one that collects dust along with the 5 others I have.
My post is about if anyone knows the listed puller will work ?

I care if my puller I HAVE will work and why buy another one that collects dust along with the 5 others I have.
My post is about if anyone knows the listed puller will work ?

ah I understand...I believe it will...you will know quickly...grease the threads and puller tip... hand thread...if it threads easily your golden..

Nope went and bought one. Did not want to take any chances. I actually found one pretty cheap on eBay. The same puller in the link listed in this thread. blackfootmotorsports Is where I got mine.

Back