• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch question

srx700lt

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
SW XTX-146 SE
We have two different Sidewinders in the garage, one 2020 XTX-146 and one 2022 STX-146.
I´ve been modding the XTX and to get it to run properly I´ve spend some time working on the clutch.
Now to my question, when removing the cover on the primary clutch, normally you can move the outer sheave with ease towards the engine. But when trying on my XTX I found it hard to move the outer sheave and has to use a bit of force to move it. I did the same on the STX and found it to be even more hard to move.
Is that normal?
On my old Nytro the sheave moved very easy so I´m a bit uncertain as to if this is normal or if there are any problems with the clutches?

Anyone have any comments on this?

Did you trying blowing out the clutch with air compressor? Belt dust bakes on the clutch and doesn't let it slide as easily.

I cleaned it with an air compressor and also cleaned it in a ultrasonic cleaner, it got better but not good.

Back