• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Rattle?

justin1635

Extreme
hey, almost 1500 miles on the 05 and when it idles, i can hear this kinda clutch rattle. i attached a small movie, how would i go about fixing this?

btw i zipped it since i couldnt post a vid

Attachments

• clutch.zip
    394.2 KB · Views: 110

it seems that on some 05 models,the plastic sliding buttons on the spider in the front clutch need to be re shimmed. You do need special tool,but the dealer can do it quickly.

thats with the choke on idling @ around 1700 rpm, when its done its pre ride check and the light stops blinking, it idles at 13-1500 and its still noticable :|

I just read the latest issue of SnowGoer magazine. They have a write up on the 06 Yammies. In the article they state that the 2006 sleds "have O ring dampers on the sliders in the primary to quiet clutch rattle, noticed primarily at idle".I'd be looking into these to see if they'll fix your deal.

I had mine shimmed by the dealer with 06 clutch parts and still hear some rattle...but considering how quiet rs engine is its no big deal to me...I'm extremely happy with the sled and how dependable, FAST,torquey, good handling and economical it is...and thats most important. We will always find something to complain about I'm sure if we dig hard enough. :yam:

Back