• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch rebuild 2003 rx1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1
Hey, hope everyone is well,
Got a question, How do you get the back of the primary clutch off, want to change those plastic sliders, on rx1 2003
People were saying to take the clutch off and run the motor cause the chatter was coming from the gear reduction box, mine when I took the clutch off, there was no noises, there some, little, play in the spider, want to change those,
Cause this clutch sounds bad, well least I think now most of the noise is coming from the clutch, till I put weight back onto the engine, with the clutch. Thanks for any repleys

You use a primary clutch puller which is basically a long threaded bolt where you remove the stock bolt holding the primary onto shaft and use it to pop the primary off the shaft. You can search youtube where guys pour water in the hole and wrap bolt threads with plumbing tape to get a hydraulic affect with removing primary.

Capture.JPG

You need a fixture that holds the fixed sheave so you can use a grunt tool (spyders are loctited on) to break the clutch apart.

If you do not want to mess with the clutch, you can send the clutch to us at Thunder Products Clutching and we can take the clutch apart, clean it, rebuild it and clean up the sheave faces for you. We will also balance the clutch for you as anytime the clutch is taken apart, it should be checked for balance. Our shop rate is $70 per hour.

Back