• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 12 with no start

r6chiro

Veteran
hi, have an 06 apex rtx today no start w code 12 and dying battery. the sled started fine in Sept. No work done to it other than a trickle charger. Stored inside. Any thoughts as I looked up code 12 and don't see how some of those sensors would fail with the sled sitting there. Thanks

Code 12 is the crank sensor, right? It does seem odd that it would fail during storage, but I know when mine went out, there was no warning or hard start or any other sort of indication that things were going south. I drove it about 150 miles, parked it for a few hours, and then went back out to start it and no-go. Mine was also a 06 RTX.

There are a lot of people that part out sleds on here. I would try to find a replacement stator.

Had same code at end of last year looks like you will be changing the crank sensor / stator assembly... and go with the Yamaha stator!!!
06 Attack

I will try and put a link to my post from last year.

When that goes it's pretty much sudden. Been there done that. In the middle of a bagger trip, lucky that the dealer in the little town of 250 people always keeps one in stock.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the manual.....not overly helpful. Where is the stator and sensor in these things??

It's on the right side of the sled as you're sitting on it. You have to remove the oil tank, or at least unbolt it and swing it out of the way. You'll see the cover behind the tank. As mentioned above, you'll need a new gasket. It'll rip when you pull the cover off. If I remember right you can take the cap out of the center of the cover and screw in a bolt or spark plug to use as a puller. From there it's just a matter of pulling the wire through the sub frame to where it connects in the nose of the sled. It's a fairly simple job, just a little time consuming.

Back