• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 11 Only a Click, no start

viperwings

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Attack GT & Nytro XTX
2007 Attack GT No start with a Code 11. Ran good but then nothing. Only a Click when I turn the key from the Starter Relay, I bought a new Yamaha one and it did not fix the issue. The relay by your left foot behind the clutch can be felt when I turn the key as well. Cleaned both and checked some of the grounding blocks but not all and they all seem to be in good shape, no corrosion. Brand new battery with a good charge, old battery was also good and had charge. I tried to jump the starter but got nothing. I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not. Once when I was tapping the starter with a small hammer the secondary spun a half a turn but since then nothing. I am thinking my starter is bad, but wanted to confirm this with you all. It looks like the starter should come out fairly easily. Any instructions for doing this?
Please send your two cents on my issue.

Do you have a battery load tester.
Unhook the batter wire from the solenoid and hook the positive of the load tester there.
Have someone turn key to start position and hold the load tester button on.

Do you have a battery load tester.
Unhook the batter wire from the solenoid and hook the positive of the load tester there.
Have someone turn key to start position and hold the load tester button on.
I don't have a Battery load tester. I don't understand, what would we be testing by doing this? Would that test the starter or the solenoid? The solenoid is a new Yamaha part that I just installed. Is there a way to test the starter in the sled? Should I disconnect the ECU or anything else so no additional damage is done?

But that doesn't explain the code 11
A friend thinks it is the Stator that is the issue. But I should be able to at least get the starter to turn if the stator is bad. Correct?
I need to know what needs replaced / fixed. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I don't have a Battery load tester. I don't understand, what would we be testing by doing this? Would that test the starter or the solenoid? The solenoid is a new Yamaha part that I just installed. Is there a way to test the starter in the sled? Should I disconnect the ECU or anything else so no additional damage is done?
That would tell you if the starter was junk

Since you don't have a load tester just remove starter and test it with jumper cables.
Easy to remove

Since you don't have a load tester just remove starter and test it with jumper cables.
Easy to remove
Is it possible to test the starter without removing the starter from the sled? I could buy an inexpensive load tester possibility.

2007 Attack GT No start with a Code 11. Ran good but then nothing. Only a Click when I turn the key from the Starter Relay, I bought a new Yamaha one and it did not fix the issue. The relay by your left foot behind the clutch can be felt when I turn the key as well. Cleaned both and checked some of the grounding blocks but not all and they all seem to be in good shape, no corrosion. Brand new battery with a good charge, old battery was also good and had charge. I tried to jump the starter but got nothing. I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not. Once when I was tapping the starter with a small hammer the secondary spun a half a turn but since then nothing. I am thinking my starter is bad, but wanted to confirm this with you all. It looks like the starter should come out fairly easily. Any instructions for doing this?
Please send your two cents on my issue.

If the sensor is not detected, the ECU will block the engine from starting. Finding it is in the thread

The code 11 is "normal" because it thinks it is cranking when it's not so it assumes the sensor is bad. Until you get it to crank, it will show this code.

Have you tried jumping the two large terminals on the relay/solenoid to see if the starter itself is good? If it cranks that way, I would check that the relay is getting the crank signal from the ignition switch.

Back