• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 85

pro_stock_1000

Veteran
Hi,

I've been getting the code 85 once in a while then it shuts off by itself.
To me, it seems like either a sensor problem or an electronic problem.
For example, I went riding all day saturday, worked perfect. When riding all day sunday, worked perfect. Arrive at home sunday night, park the sled in the garage, just before I turn the sled off the code start blinking. Decide to only check today. Go in the garage start the sled up, after 30 seconds of running, the code goes away.

If I unplug the oil pressure sensor under my oil pan, shouldn't the code 85 blink right away? In my case, its not for some reason.

Thanks for your help.

fxnytro1050 said:
I think if you unplug the sensor it wont display at all. Therefore not warning you if your pressure goes down or not.

Do you know this for fact or that is what you think?

Anybody else know what it should do when unplugging that switch?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm still having problems with my code 85 apearing then shuting off, then apearing again.

Anyone who what could possibly do this?

I've tried erasing the code in my dash board and when I get to the number 61 (which will tell you which code have been thrown) it shows 0.
Then when I get to the number 62 (which will tell you how many codes have been thrown) it shows 1. Usually when you press the hand warmer toggle switch down, it should erase the number 62 and show 0, but it wont work. Number 62 stays at 1.

I'm wondering if this is not the cause that my code 85 appears ones in a while?

Any help would be usefull.

Thanks

Did you check the wire were it bends into the plastic sensor? Mine had a crack in the insulation which exposed the wire. Also do you have a manual? Take out the whole harness for the oil sensor and check the ohm readings to see if there inspect. Then i would check the ohm reading from the ecu harness (need the pin location for the sensor) to the sensor... If that makes sense.

No problem, if you need the numbers let me know. I had a problem with the crank sensor and thought it went bad. Doing the process I stated above showed me a crack in the wire due to a rub.

No problem, if you need the numbers let me know. I had a problem with the crank sensor and thought it went bad. Doing the process I stated above showed me a crack in the wire due to a rub.

Just wondering if you have checked your harness for any rubbing. there is a bad spot on the left side of the sled behind you clutch were the harness rubs on the frame. i noticed mine was rubbing through there and caught in time.

I've also gotten the 85 code several times. Usually when I shut off the sled it goes away, but now it won't. The dealer told me it's a "ride" code which meant it's ok to ride the sled if the code appears. They are doing a diagnostic check on it tomorrow. I will let you know the results. Very frustrating.

Freefaller35 said:
I've also gotten the 85 code several times. Usually when I shut off the sled it goes away, but now it won't. The dealer told me it's a "ride" code which meant it's ok to ride the sled if the code appears. They are doing a diagnostic check on it tomorrow. I will let you know the results. Very frustrating.

Perfect thanks.

I know, its frustrating. If I figure it out on my end, I will also let you know.

Thanks

Back