• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

collett communicators

tender33

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder LTX SE, Blue/ Orange
Tried to get a replacement part and they are hard to get hold of. Does anybody knows what going on with them? They answersed phone once but after 3 weeks have not recieved anything. Now I emailed and phoned them but get no answer.

Have heard that same story over and over. Seems like everybody is having the same issue. They don't answer the phone and if they do you get the run around.

Next time I go to the 'Peg I will try and swing by their shop and see if they are actually still in business

Same thing here. A buddy of mine ordered a replacement detachable mic for his BV2S helmet, after a couple of weeks he never received it. So he called to see where it was and they said it shipped out yesterday. The next day he recieved it. A week later he received another one and was never charged for it. ;)!

That's a big reason why I went with Chatterbox X1's. Other similar posts at other snowmachine fourms as well if you google.
Plus a moderator here said they were much better made then Collett.
We've been using Chatterbox's now for a while and they are excellant. Batteries last a long time in the single digits. Actually all day and still have a near full charge.

Collett website back up with a mesage from Les.
Says they opened back up on Oct 6

We use the DMS system and yes they do freeze sometimes. When this happens on our next stop we blow out the ice. Dosen't happen that much.

Ordered some replacement parts and they came in 10 days. They are answering the phone. Finally it looks like they are back.

I bought ChatterBox X1's. They have a much better selection on accessoies and work better it seems.

A friend sent in his communicator for repair to Collet. They sent it back repaired within 2 weeks. It seems like they are back. Keep up the good work Les.

The group of people I ride with and I used to use the Collet communicators. We had nothing but problems and they just got to be a pain in the azz. Plus they were so inconvenient. We dont use them any more and we have no problems.

They sure do serve their purpose but my god were they annoying.

Back